Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Important Advice for International Students

15678911»

Replies to: Important Advice for International Students

• JaSUnaJaSUna Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2014
    @ British Chick : you're*
  • georgessgeorgess Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I have won the Diana Kamal Scholarship Search fund, which will provide me free counseling, training, and will cover my testing and application fees!

It's also directly related to the US Dept. of State (via AMIDEAST) so the Visa is also free.
  • Islander96Islander96 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi
    Im from Sri Lanka. I recently scored 2060 for my SATs
    740- Math, 670 for writing and reading.
    I have sat for Edexcel GCE alevels and received A*AAA for Math, furthermath, chem and economics.
    I belive that translates to a 5.0 GPA .
    I have received many National awards for Scrabble (yes this is played competitively) and I have represented my country at the World Youth Championships and placed 13th.
    I was also a Senior Prefect at school, Captain of the Scrabble team, Vice President of the social workers club and secretary of the Debate Club and Design club.
    I have engaged in many community services, interned at a Stock Brokerage firm and am currently head of Fund raising at the Sri lanka scrabble league.
    My parents are unable to finance my education but are willing to pay as much as it takes.
    Ill be sitting fo math 1 and 2 in Nov and resitting sats in december.
    **** IM LOOKING FOR REPUTED UNIVERSITIES WHERE I CAN STUDY ECONOMICS AS MY MAJOR WHILE RECEIVING AID***
  • Solomon1998Solomon1998 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Please can my friend who had 1520 in SAT get a full scholarship to any college in US?
    Please she needs help
  • skyblade1234skyblade1234 Registered User Posts: 237 Junior Member
    The SATs a bit too low, out of a 2400 right?
    At least a 2000 needed
  • GirlwitharabbitGirlwitharabbit Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    @Islander96 Wait...670+670+740 is 2080... Well, either works. You have some options. Howard would be your best bet as an international in my opinion. But when you say reputed universities, do you mean Ivy Leagues? Your SAT is too low for those. Can you be more specific on what exactly you mean?
  • GirlwitharabbitGirlwitharabbit Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    @Solomon1998 If that's 1520/2400, none that I could think of. With a 1590/2400, she might get a full tuition, but not full ride, at Coppin State, but it would still depend on her GPA. Now if that's 1520/1600, she has a lot more options but still, its all relative to her GPA.
  • FredWeasleyFredWeasley Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Does Scotland have anything like this?
  • kenyan254kenyan254 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    @Islander96 your sats are not "TOO LOW" for a good university. I got into Stanford with a 2080
    hey guys, just a question, I've been accepted at Purdue, so when would be a good time to sign up for housing? I know the sooner the better, but do you guys have a rough gauge of by when should we sign up for the housing? Thanks!
  • paul2752paul2752 Registered User Posts: 4,560 Senior Member
    edited February 2016
    @skyblade1234 I am 100% sure Purdue websites will clearly state when you apply for housing....

Also, for hopeful internationals who are hoping to get into top notches with <2200 SAT score, please do know that those who are accepted with relatively low scores have other things that compensate for low scores...this is not common
  • Helen13Helen13 Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    Khan Academy offers free online SAT prep, and physics/chem/math help for SAT IIs: https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/sat
15678911»
This discussion has been closed.