Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

HKU or HKUST

1388389390391392394»

Replies to: HKU or HKUST

• Kirito123Kirito123 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Guyss!!! Can we create a group in facebook for "HKUST class of 2021" or something? It would be really helpful to know people beforehand getting into uni.
  • Kirito123Kirito123 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Btw I got in Hkust school of engineering so yeahhhh
  • KiddocamKiddocam Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 22
    Has anyone been accepted by HKU in SOCIAL SCIENCES? My submission is still under consideration and I'm really concerned ;;
  • ma22ma22 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    When will HKU release the decisions. I applied through common app but got an email from HKU on 15th february stating that I should submit my app again through online portal. They arranged regular payment for me and assured me that my app would be considered for the main round, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I applied for Mechanical Engineering.
  • aryanj123aryanj123 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    As all the Indian guys would probably know, there won't be any grace marks given from this year on. So I'd expect us to score 2-3% less than we would normally do, based on previous years' standards. So, what are we guys gonna do about this?(of course only if we score less and are not able to get our hands on a scholarship). Should we write to HKU?
  • KarimessiKarimessi Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    @ma22 Same here... I think it just depends on the department and program you've applied to. I got an offer from HKU Surveying in February but I haven't heard from Engineering since December. It's killing me because that's the last decision I am waiting for;
    edited May 22
    hmm. Lets hope for the best. Only if I had known condition for the scholarship, my exams would have gone much better!
  • imconfusedafimconfusedaf Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    hi guys! I asked previously but I still can't decide on HKUST business and management or NTU economics? Urgently need some opinions!! Both are 4 year honours programs but i might get exemptions for HKUST and NTU is not a confirmed honours degree.
  • ColincidenceColincidence Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    @imconfusedaf Hi there! I'm a fellow Singaporean too going to study in HKUST. I transferred from ANU and will be entering HKUST this coming September.

Do let me know if you want to connect through FB/LinkedIn and I will share my thoughts with you
  • Luffy1999Luffy1999 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Any clue when the late round results of HKU will be announced???
    edited July 16
    What the hell? I am not even a late round applicant and still haven't heard from HKU regarding my engineering choice. Irony is, I am expecting a full scholarship! :-O
  • KarimessiKarimessi Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    @ma22 Also waiting for HKU Engineering but it says on the website FAQ for engineering that results are out on July and those who don't hear from the department until the end of July should consider unsuccessful