Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Major GPA vs. Cumulative GPA

michaelungerrrmichaelungerrr Posts: 448Registered User Member
I'm kind of confused by major versus cumulative GPA.
I am planning on doing a dual in International Business/Finance then minors in Economics & Government contingent on what overlaps (my advisor said it should work out; alot of cross requirements)

For graduation from the Business school at my university one must complete:

CORE REQUIREMENTS: (general credits i.e. your histories, psych, theology, etc.)
~40 credits
BUSINESS CORE: (general business courses: accounting, management,marketing,etc.)
~40 credits
MAJOR: (your actual Finance classes)
~only 20ish credits?
ELECTIVES:
whatever is needed to make 120

This is a rough outline, but you get the idea. What do I calculate in my "Major GPA" on a resume? Would I add the Business Core+Major categories together? Add the requirements for my minors? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
Post edited by michaelungerrr on

Replies to: Major GPA vs. Cumulative GPA

• RacinReaverRacinReaver Posts: 6,598Registered User Senior Member
    When I calculated my "Major GPA" I just counted classes offered by my own department or that were cross-listed in my department. I also had to calculate "technical" GPA for one grad school I applied to where I had to figure out my GPA based on all computer, math, science, and engineering classes together.