Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Getting a job without an interview?

yg7s7yg7s7 Posts: 876Registered User Member
So I'm graduating this May, and I got a job offer as Market research assistant. The thing is I just sent my resume and they said I got the job. Does this mean it's a "bad job"? It's kind of low-paying and temp, but it could be a good experience.
Post edited by yg7s7 on

Replies to: Getting a job without an interview?

• commentcommentcommentcomment Posts: 733Registered User Member
    Personally, I'd be skeptical of any job that doesn't require even a basic interview. Might be a scam.
  • chriswchrisw Posts: 1,363Registered User Senior Member
    Sounds to me like a job I would accept only as a last resort, if other options have closed. Some companies have decided that interviews are not an effective way to judge candidates, so they instead offer candidates temporary posiitons to get a sense of who they are and how they work, paying a little more on up front costs but a little less on the HR costs of hiring a higher paid full time employee and then absorbing the cost of hiring someone else if the first person doesn't work out.

But yeah, I would be very skeptical of this. Very, very skeptical.
  • XmasBoyXmasBoy Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Sounds really fishy...you might need to find out more about it!
  • yg7s7yg7s7 Posts: 876Registered User Member
    This company has website, Linkedin page, and a glassdoor.com review as well but yeah I'm still looking for more jobs. I can tell you the name of the company if you PM me.
  • ohyaderehohyadereh Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    hey yg7s7, did you ever find out more? I have a similar situation going on, got a job via a recruiting agency without even talking to the organization I got the job with, no interview, nothing. I checked for scam/fraud sources and can't come up with anything. How did your situation pan out? I hear federal jobs tend to operate this way after some research.
  • GeneberniceGenebernice Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    Its great to hear about getting job without interview in this competitive Job market. Check the more info about the company. Better to contact the employees, those who are working in that company.