Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

SEO Career Program 2011-2012

mapr89mapr89 Posts: 195Registered User Junior Member
Online application is open. Let share our experiences!
Post edited by mapr89 on

Replies to: SEO Career Program 2011-2012

• SincerelyCrystaSincerelyCrysta Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Hey! I'm applying for SEO this year and I wanted to ask something.

I am a transfer student who was formally a junior but now I am a sophomore until after this fall.

Also my g.p.a from my previous school was below a 3.0; but I will be getting a higher g.p.a this semester, no less than a 3.7, so I will not be able to give the higher g.p.a until Jan. Should I apply to the first deadline or the second for the best chance. And will they combine the two for an average or do I submit the highest one?

So confused. X_X
  • mapr89mapr89 Posts: 195Registered User Junior Member
    if you think it your cummulative gpa will be higher than 3.0 with this semester's grades, apply, and explain them the situation. gpa is important, but they want more than that, they want well rounded people that are smart, friendly, team workers, responsible, committed, and that serve society. What program are you interested in?
  • SincerelyCrystaSincerelyCrysta Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    Thanks! That makes me feel way more confident about my application. :) I'm applying for the Investment Banking program. So will I be able to add my Spring semester grades or will they come too late?
    i think it would be too late since interviews are nov/dec/jan(3rd round) and decisions are available early march. u can send them an updated transcript with fall grades after your interview if you it will boost your chances
  • CapeVerdeCapeVerde Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    Hey guys, Im kinda new at this. but, has anyone applied to the asset management program? I was wondering when do they usually give you an answer....
  • seeseemeseeseeme Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    had my skype screen interview today... keeping my fingers crossed for good news!
    @Seeseeme when and what program area did u apply for?
    Just had my in-person interview today...
    Keeping my fingers crossed, I am very motivated.
    @mapr89 I have a couple of questions to ask: what program did u apply to? how long did it take for them to get back to you with an answer for the application?
    I hope you get the internship man!!
    I applied to investment banking. I had a fast track to in person interview (skipped phone interview) because I participated in SEO-U and completed some coursework and participated in a competition. I am now waiting to see if I am chosen for the follow-up interview.
    Thats good! What questions did they ask you? Where did you have your interview? I want to know because I also applied to investment banking.
    I was interviewed at NYC
    I got email saying that i was selected for a phone/skype interview. Does anyone knows what kind of questions they ask for IB? I am excited!!
  • JDBoroughJDBorough Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
    Just applied on Tuesday which was the last day for Round 1 (I do wish I turned it in sooner :/). I definitively am anxious to hear back! How long did it take you guys to get a response after submitting the app?