Hi. This is my first post.
My dream job is working for places like World Bank, IMF, non-profit organizations, etc. and I'm confused as to how it works.
I'm currently an international undergraduate student at a USN top 20 university majoring in economics and possibly minoring in computer science or math. I'm planning to go to graduate school (Ph.D) for economics, with a concentration in developmental economics.
I'm also multi-lingual.
English & Korean = excellent (native language)
Chinese = very good
So..how does it work? I would appreciate any comments.
- Is it extremely competitive to get these kinds of jobs?
- How is the pay? (entry-level, senior-level)
- How is the lifestyle? (traveling alot? working many hours?)
- What kind of prior work experience would be good?
- Any other tips/comments/etc?
Thanks for the help.