Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Are high school transcripts worth anything after you get into college?

CalifragilCalifragil Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
If you are looking for an internship during college or looking for a job after college, would you ever be expected to provide your high school grades?
Post edited by Califragil on

Replies to: Are high school transcripts worth anything after you get into college?

• amplifiar842amplifiar842 Posts: 707Registered User Member
    I've had one or two internship programs ask me to provide my high school GPA along with my education history, generally, but I assure you it would have almost no effect on your likelihood of getting hired or not.
  • mrdude108mrdude108 Posts: 143Registered User Junior Member
    I have yet to use it at all. The only reason I can think of would be if you were transferring as like a freshman/sophomore or are under a certain amount of credits. Other than that, I don't know why they would want it but it wouldn't really do anything for you or against you.
  • terencterenc Posts: 1,127Registered User Senior Member
    SAT scores are often requested in business fields for internships and even after college...
  • WhatdidyouWhatdidyou Posts: 538Registered User Member
    Nope, doesn't matter one bit.
  • chriswchrisw Posts: 1,344Registered User Senior Member
    It only matters until you develop a meaningful college GPA. So that's pretty much just freshman year. As terenc said, SAT scores are often requested, particularly by top companies in consulting and finance.
  • 1101101111011011 Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    Some grad schools (yes grad) have asked me for my hs transcripts.