pros and cons of working at a university?
I finished school about two years ago, and I've been considering a university job lately. Right off the top of my head, I could think of a few pros and cons:
1. Numerous social opportunities with people that are around my age
2. Able to attend certain campus events
3. Staff discounts when enrolling in courses
4. Reduced workload (if not time off) during academic breaks
1. Pay isn't that high compared to companies (although salary isn't my main concern)
2. Fewer opportunities to develop new skills (except when working as research staff)
Am I missing anything else?
University of California, Berkeley '09 (B.S.)
St. Mary's College of California '10 (M.S.)