Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Teach For America 2013 Corps

RED0088RED0088 Posts: 24Registered User New Member
Hello everyone,

I finally clicked submit yesterday on my TFA application! 1DL (first deadline) submissions will receive notification on August 30th! I saw those who were applying to the 2012 corps last year had a thread here and I figured we might as well start ours and update together!
Post edited by RED0088 on

Replies to: Teach For America 2013 Corps

• HOPINGforAyesTFAHOPINGforAyesTFA Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    Hey there red! I clicked submit on my app on the 22nd. So nervous. I keep looking stuff up online and stressing myself out more and more. Only like 17% of people who apply get accepted. I am SO nervous!
  • RED0088RED0088 Posts: 24Registered User New Member
    Hoping! How much leadership did you include. TFA really looks for applicants who have diverse leadership experience and are aligned with their five core values.
    Well let's just update here and comfort each others anxieties until the 30th.

What regions are you interested in?
    I don't know if I put in enough leadership. =/ I guess I'll see in 4 days. My regions of interest are NC - Charlotte, Philly, and Baltimore. Charlottes a safe one for me because I've been there and know the city. Philly would be really exciting. How about you?
    I definitely wish you the best ! I'm interested in Baltimore and Philly as well as South Louisiana!
    What kind of leadership experience did you put down, if you don't mind my asking?
    So my leadership with TFA is a little weighted because I work for them as the Campus Campaign Coordinator but other than that I was VP of two organizations And worked full time.
    That's legit. lol
    Thanks and what about you? Did you add any leadership experience on there !

TWO MORE DAYS!!
    Idk I'm paranoid! I feel like maybe I did? I mean I'm currently a preschool teacher and I've been promoted to my current position so that's pretty awesome but the only thing I did in undergrad is an honor society. We'll see.

I KNOW! SO NERVOUS! I JUST WANNA KNOOOOOOWWWW!!
    One day left!
    Today. Is. The. Day. >.<
    I know ! I just have to keep myself busy until we 5 pm my time! Which shouldn't be too hard !
    Ha! I'm off work now and have to wait 2 1/2 hours! I think I'm gonna nap till 6.
    I made it to the final interview round! What about you ?
    Unfortunately no. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Good luck to you!