Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Good majors/degrees that don't require math/science.

VGAddict02VGAddict02 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
OK, so I'm no good at math (I can't even do algebra), because I have a brain injury, and I wonder if there are any good majors and/or degrees that don't involve math or science, or am I doomed to be a failure in life?
Post edited by VGAddict02 on

Replies to: Good majors/degrees that don't require math/science.

• overachiever92overachiever92 Posts: 912Registered User Member
    What are you interested in that doesn't involve math and science, major-wise?
  • VGAddict02VGAddict02 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    I like writing, but I'm not sure I want to make a career out of it.

I can't think of anything else I'm good at that I could turn into a job, though.
  • aegrisomniaaegrisomnia Posts: 1,025Registered User Senior Member
    What about something like journalism or technical writing? Sort of a soft "information sytstems" or "web design" program could work out, too, since these probably won't require a lot of math (if any).

That said, getting a 4-year degree from anywhere might be tough if you aren't certified in basic algebra. Maybe universities will cut you some slack due to your injury?
    Now that I think about it, I can remember bits and pieces of algebra, and I remember some of the formulas.

What do you mean basic algebra?
  • overachiever92overachiever92 Posts: 912Registered User Member
    You should probably consult with a professional familiar with your condition and see what other people have done in your situation.
    Well, my local community college has a tutoring program. Guess I could do that