Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Do any companies drug test their interns?

CollegeKidCollegeKid Posts: 314Registered User Member
Specifically any of the Big 4...

If you have any information on that you could share, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Post edited by CollegeKid on

Replies to: Do any companies drug test their interns?

• sefagosefago Posts: 1,707Registered User Senior Member
    I hope not...and I see no reason why they should
    why do you want to know anyways
  • eric1025eric1025 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    they do, so STOP SMOKING WEED. I got drug tested twice before for two internships.
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy Posts: 10,660Registered User Senior Member
    Depends on the company, depends on the industry. My company is a Fortune 500 that sells cars and we test everyone. Everyone.
    oh my god they drug test
  • openingdoorsopeningdoors Posts: 113- Junior Member
    ^Stop tryin to act hard, kid.

They drug test at the Big 4.
  • DawgieDawgie Posts: 1,576Registered User Senior Member
    They didn't test me.
    "openingdoors that is how I act" sorry for showing my trueself. fag is an offensive word. Don't be silly and why does everyone keep calling me a kid.
  • PyarPyar Posts: 1,653Registered User Senior Member
    I had to get a drug test for my internship, though I'm not interning at a Big 4 they probably do too.
  • CollegeKidCollegeKid Posts: 314Registered User Member
    So who knows for sure? I'm assuming they do, but looking nfor someone that for instance has interned at PWC or EY or something and got drug tested (or didn't).
  • DawgieDawgie Posts: 1,576Registered User Senior Member
    I interned at Deloitte, I didn't get tested. I don't believe any others in the Boston area did.

Also sefago you are being called a kid because you are 18 and maybe other reasons too.
  • cryptographycryptography Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
    for finance jobs both full time and summer internships, every investment bank requires a urine test. i dont think there are any hair tests though
  • chocoholicchocoholic Posts: 2,995Registered User Senior Member
    My D for her investment internship was drug tested, finger-printed and background checked.
  • CollegeKidCollegeKid Posts: 314Registered User Member
    Thanks.

I assume though if you do audit that you might have to drug test for the companies you audit though?

So, if it's in the finance sector, I'd guess you'd be drug tested.

What about if you are in the other audit sector (basically everything but finance). I guess better safe than sorry (aka, don't do anything that'll show up on drug tests... like smoke weed, lol).

Anyway, thanks for replies. Feel free to post anything else based on experience, more replies are still welcome.
  • RacinReaverRacinReaver Posts: 6,598Registered User Senior Member
    I worked in the research labs at a company that used some fairly dangerous chemicals and some dangerous machines, and I had to do a urine test the day I started. I actually wound up failing the opiates portion due to having a poppy seed bagel earlier that morning! Wound up having to get the test redone at a local hospital where things turned out fine.