Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

how to get into big4 TS?

COH123COH123 Posts: 71Registered User Junior Member
What's needed to get into Transaction Services at the big4?

How difficult would it be to transfer divisions once you're employed at the firm? i.e. moving from audit/tax to TS?
Post edited by COH123 on

Replies to: how to get into big4 TS?

• DawgieDawgie Posts: 1,576Registered User Senior Member
    No one knows, because literally no one here is employed there (in this forum). The only thing I can tell you is that it's possible to get straight out of college. I've only seen this at KPMG though. It might have just been a spur of the moment thing though.
  • startraksfineststartraksfinest Posts: 561Registered User Member
    A friend of mine interned at KPMG and said there were about 4 TS interns. Don't know about other firms.
  • tobleronetoblerone Posts: 73Registered User Junior Member
    As mentioned in another post, I believe people generally go into assurance/tax first, then transfer to TS. As far as I saw, it's pretty easy to transfer internally. Several new people in the TS division last summer were from assurance.
  • COH123COH123 Posts: 71Registered User Junior Member
    Is it common for juniors to get summer internships in audit/tax at the big4? I think I recall hearing that they mostly hire seniors/graduates?

I am an accounting major at a large state school(big4 does recruit here) with a 3.81 GPA.
  • DawgieDawgie Posts: 1,576Registered User Senior Member
    You do it after you finish your junior year (Apply and get it during junior year).
  • COH123COH123 Posts: 71Registered User Junior Member
    How common is it for people to complete two summer internships? ie one after junior year and another one after senior year/during masters(150 credit requirement for cpa)?