Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Best States for Accounting Jobs

StarstuckStarstuck Posts: 337Registered User Junior Member
I will be attending in-state college in Michigan and will be graduating in 2014/2015 depending on my credits. I don't really want to live in Michigan and I'm looking down the road where I want to live. I want to figure this out so I can know where to get my CPA license.

Here are the states I preferably want to live in:
Texas
Oregon
California?
Colorado
"Ivy League Coast" all eastern states?
New York
Arizona
Hawaii
Others I can't think of Top 10 States for Jobs in 2009 | Education & Careers

Which are the best states for accounting?
Post edited by Starstuck on

Replies to: Best States for Accounting Jobs

• AltemaAltema Posts: 1,082Registered User Senior Member
    From what I personally have heard and experienced, Cali and NY are good places for accounting. Based off what I saw at national training, there were a TON of people from NY.

Hawaii isn't so big. They have like a couple industries and do not hire that much.
  • Atomicbomb22Atomicbomb22 Posts: 399Registered User Member
    Texas is good choice. The micro-economy here (I'm in Dallas for break) is doing phenomenal given current conditions. No state income taxes are a bonus too. Make sure you can put up with the dull nightlife though--I know I can't, so I'm going to California. New York, which is where I go to school, is really, really cold in the winter and not as great as it's cut out to be. The others I can't really comment on.