Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Waitlisted at JMU

jessica4jessica4 Posts: 6Registered User New Member
edited April 2012 in James Madison University
I'm a first generation female from Virginia (just 20 minutes away from the campus). I have a 3.8 GPA unweighted. I have taken a lot of honors classes all throughout high school. I am a member of National Honor Society. I have been a member of French Honor Society since 9th grade and I am now President. I have done tons of community service. JMU is my number one choice for school & I really can't picture myself going anywhere else :( I will do anything to get off of the waitlist! What do you think my chances are of getting accepted from the waitlist? Also, what can I do to increase my chances of getting accepted? I was thinking about writing a letter saying that JMU is my number one choice & that I will definitely go there if I am accepted. Do you think that would help? Any advice would be appreciated!
Post edited by jessica4 on

Replies to: Waitlisted at JMU

• Fermat25Fermat25 Posts: 284Registered User Junior Member
    Write the letter and let them know it's your first choice. Tell them that you will definitely attend if admitted. Highlight anything you've achieved since sending in your application. I wish you the best of luck getting off of the list.