Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

When do we get Admission Letters?

baconkabob00baconkabob00 Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
:( Not like I want to even think about it.. but Just Curious.
Post edited by baconkabob00 on

Replies to: When do we get Admission Letters?

• hayzehayze Posts: 249Registered User Junior Member
    EA mid January
    Regular admissions early April
  • KatMTKatMT Posts: 3,323College Rep Senior Member
    usually regular decision letters start going out late march -- April 1st is the national notification date for regular admission, so letters are sent my that date at the latest.

Whether students apply EA or RD they have until May 1 to make a final decision and put down a deposit.
  • baconkabob00baconkabob00 Posts: 40Registered User Junior Member
    Oh alrightie. I applied EA

so I guess I start checking the mail in a few months.

It seems they go out kinda later than most other colleges though.. =/ hm..
    Some schools will send out EA (and often ED) letters in December. I think that last year JMU sent EA letters the week of January 7 (last year it was the start of classes after Winter Break). This year we start classes a week later, so I am not sure if this will also mean that the EA letters go out a week later.
  • twinkletoez_xotwinkletoez_xo Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    do they post / mail them out gradually before the january guaranteed notification date?
    or do they post / mail them out all like two days before that ?
    I could be wrong, but do not think that JMU posts admissions decisions, all go out via snail mail. They are a little vague about the notification date on the website -- mid-January. So, I do not know if there is a "guaranteed notification date".
  • Gangsturr123Gangsturr123 Posts: 148Registered User Junior Member
    my counselor told me that last year they got them the second week in December..i dont know if JMU changed the date this year? Or is there a chance we will get them in December?
  • clcgirl_1999clcgirl_1999 Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
    Last year we got our letters the second week in January, so that's probably when they'll be sent out again this year.
  • kwockwoc Posts: 86Registered User Junior Member
    Mid-January cannot come fast enough! I hate that it's after winter break, so I get to be nice and anxious the whole time.
    Does anyone know a date? The second FULL week in January or just the second week? Cause technically next Monday starts the second week in January. Lol
  • clcgirl_1999clcgirl_1999 Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
    Mine came around the 13-15th. But I also was one of the finalists for the Dingledine scholarship, so I don't know if my letter was sent out earlier.
  • kwockwoc Posts: 86Registered User Junior Member
    i believe it's the week of the 12th, only a little more than a week left...ahhhh
  • tilohninetilohnine Posts: 265Registered User Junior Member
    They are sending the letters out on January 12th and people are expected to hear by January 15th. (Unless something happens with your mail)

I called admissions :)
    It's not online anywhere/sent in an e-mail..only sent by regular mail?
  • tilohninetilohnine Posts: 265Registered User Junior Member
    Well in the original confirmation email where they said they recieved the application, they said that they would send you a letter in the mail AND post in online. When I called and asked admissions, they said that they would be only be sent in the mail. I don't think JMU has ever posted admission decisions online?