Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Lafayette vs URochester?

soccercrazzy2222soccercrazzy2222 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Lafayette College
I have narrowed down my choices to Lafayette and URochester - the schools are quite different and would love any and all insight!

Just some facts about me-
I am planning to major in English and/ or French/Italian.
The lacrosse coach (W) at Rochester REALLY wants me to go there, but the team is very bad. I would be able to walk on, and probably play, at Lafayette.
I'm coming from a graduating class of 72 (about 325 in my whole school), so very small classes.
Not sure if this matters, but I'm considering taking a gap year (both schools have approved my potential plans).

Thanks so much!
Post edited by soccercrazzy2222 on

Replies to: Lafayette vs URochester?

• soccercrazzy2222soccercrazzy2222 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    bump, anyone? I have to make a decision soon!
  • LC82LC82 Posts: 309Registered User Member
    The visitors of this forum are probably more familiar with LC than UR. You may have more luck asking specific questions about LC here. If you want a comparison, you may want to post in the "College Search" forum.
  • bookmama22bookmama22 Posts: 1,084Registered User Senior Member
    I am the parent of a Rochester alum and I can tell you that the English department is really strong and well-regarded. I am not familiar with Lafayette enough to comment. Have you visited both schools?