Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Semester credits and law school admissions

berkeley123berkeley123 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
Hi everyone,

I am currently a fourth-year at UC Berkeley completing my final semester. I am looking at applying to law school after I get my masters degree. I'm currently writing my senior thesis and would therefore like to have a lighter schedule this semester, so I am considering taking only 3 classes, amounting to 13 units (rather than 17). Would this put me at a disadvantage in law school applications? Do law schools place a big emphasis on course load in the admissions process?

To put my academic record into context, I currently have over 170 units already (including AP credits from high school, 120 are required to graduate) and have finished my graduation requirements. I have a 3.96 cumulative GPA and I'm getting my masters from Oxford next year. I may be a little paranoid, but I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks!