Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

B.S. in Political Science vs. B.A. in Political Science and Psychology?

entropyentropy Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2004 in Law School
I am seriously considering Law school but I am leaning more towards the thought of not going. If it's possible, I would like to just go to graduate school get a Masters or MBA and get a decent job within the legal system. Right now my major is B.S. in Political Science with a concentration in Law/Public Policy with a minor in Psychology. This degree requires alot of Economics and statistics courses. On the other hand, I was thinking that I could double major in Political Science and Psychology and graduate with two B.A. degrees. Which option would be the best for me?
Post edited by entropy on

Replies to: B.S. in Political Science vs. B.A. in Political Science and Psychology?

• emsibdnemsibdn Posts: 814Registered User Member
    errr... I'm not too sure.
  • concerneddadconcerneddad Posts: 1,734Moderator Senior Member
    entropy: Although there are many ways that a law degree can help someone in other professions (banking, insurance, real estate just to name a few), the flow in the other direction is very sparse. In large part this is due to the ethical constraints and rules of professional conduct that prevent non-laywers from partneship in law firms. Thus, most ancillary services that law firm employ are in the form of "experts," and then only on a case-by-case basis.
  • entropyentropy Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
    I have decided to pursue Bachelor of Arts degrees in Political Science and Psychology, so that I can have more options in course selection and have the opportunitity to take Portuguese or French as foreign languages. I know for a fact that I will go to Graduate school but I don't think I will be attending Law school.
  • concerneddadconcerneddad Posts: 1,734Moderator Senior Member
    entropy: You should follow your heart and study what you like. One of the great things about law school is that there really is no required undergrad course of study required. I did not even think of law as a career until the end of my senior year of college, and I graduated with a B.A. in Anthro. So, good luck in your pursuits, and just know that you have not really closed any doors.