Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Applying to college with learning disability, with a question here?

xxeliza321xxxxeliza321xx Registered User Posts: 408 Member
A college that I'm applying to requires two letters of recommendation by professionals in the field of learning disabilities.

Now, who would these ''professionals in the field of learning disabilities'' be in my current, public high school? The special education teachers? The author of my IEP? Who should I go to for these? Thanks.
Post edited by xxeliza321xx on

Replies to: Applying to college with learning disability, with a question here?

  • Pianomom12Pianomom12 Registered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
    Why is the college requiring this? Did you inform them either via your essay or supplementary material that you have a learning disability? Colleges typically only require a recent re-evaluation if you are seeking accommodations.

    Who would they be in your high school? The school psychologist and a special education teacher would be my recommendations.
  • Emily1799Emily1799 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Try the doctor that diagnosed you with the disability, any of the skills/special education teacher's you've had, a school head of Special Education... You get the idea.
Sign In or Register to comment.