Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Class of 2015 Scholarships

caligrl13caligrl13 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
Who from class of 2015 got a scholarship? if you did, could you post your stats and the amount that u got? thanks!
Post edited by caligrl13 on

Replies to: Class of 2015 Scholarships

• lexid123lexid123 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    Hey there!
    GPA: 3.6 UW, 3.8 W
    SAT I: 1860
    SAT II: US History 680, Lit 660

I got 6,000 a year. Not much, but every little bit helps!
  • caligrl13caligrl13 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    congrats lexid123! are you planning on going to LMU???
  • ymelaku10ymelaku10 Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    GPA: 3.89
    ACT: 24

I got $24,500 annually
  • caligrl13caligrl13 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    woah thats amazing!!!! how did u get that much??? do you go to a jesuit high school?
  • lexid123lexid123 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    Thank you caligrl! Uhmm well at this point LMU is my top choice, but its still hard to say. Ive only heard back from 2 out of the 7 school I've applied to and I've gotten into both. Unfortunetly Northeastern hasn't given me any scholarship whatsoever, and because its a 5yr school, I feel like theres no chance I'll end up there. At this point LMU is my top choice, but I'll have to see how everything turns out..
  • lovetocamplovetocamp Posts: 675Registered User Member
    I am curious how you already received your Financial Aid information?

FAFSA is required to get Financial Aid through LMU, and FAFSA only became available on Jan 1, 2011. On the LMU ("MYLMU") webpage, specifically, on the "My Aid Financial Planner" webpage, it states the following: PLEASE NOTE: FINANCIAL AID AWARDS FOR FRESHMEN APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL APRIL 1st, 2011.

How did you get your award information (ymelaku10, and Lexid123)? Was it via a letter? Or via your MYLMU webpage? And, if i see the date of your (Lexid123) post correctly, it was on Dec 27th, 2010. Are you saying that you received Financial Aid information from LMU before even filling out the FAFSA forms (since they did not became available until Jan 1, 2011).

Thanks.
  • guitars101guitars101 Posts: 2,201Registered User Senior Member
    can other accepted posters please list their stats? my dtr is also inerested in LM. She's a junior in hs this year but will be applying
  • norcalimomnorcalimom Posts: 54- Junior Member
    What my S and others received is Merit Aid and isn't dependent upon FAFSA at all because it isn't need based financial aid and is purely merit based scholarship information. The students who applied EA received their scholarship information, which LMU decided upon before Christmas, recently. My S and probably all the others received a letter in the mail, but MyAid wasn't updated to reflect anything because the offices at LMU were moving to a different building and noted on the web that there would be no updates posted until after January 4th.

The need based aid that will complete the financial aid awards will be based off of the information on FAFSA and that is what LMU has stated at this point won't be awarded until April 1. Hope this helps.
  • kevinrfilmkevinrfilm Posts: 24Registered User New Member
    how are people getting over $20,000 per year? I only got about $5,000 (i have a 4.06 GPA, 2110 SAT, 32 ACT)
  • bigmamabearbigmamabear Posts: 185Registered User Junior Member
    kevinrfilm, my D was accepted EA to the film program as well and her merit aid is comparable to yours. Yeah, she will be needing a ton of financial aid in order to attend LMU.
  • lovetocamplovetocamp Posts: 675Registered User Member
    I called LMU, and was told that they will continue to send out Merit Aid until March 2011. Thanks for the replies to my post.
  • kevinrfilmkevinrfilm Posts: 24Registered User New Member
    even for people who have already received the LMU achievement award scholarship?
  • norcalimomnorcalimom Posts: 54- Junior Member
    I'm relatively certain it's only for the RD applicants. We were told all the EA that were admitted would be notified of all their merit aid by the end of the year.
  • ldinctldinct Posts: 1,810Registered User Senior Member
    S applied EA and just received merit yesterday. He received $8700, stats are 2220 and 3.5/4.0. Very appreciative, but I don't think it will be enough.
  • Toast8152Toast8152 Posts: 80Registered User Junior Member
    GPA: 4.27 three years cumulative weighted
    SAT: 2180
    ACT: 32

Notable Aspects: Student Body President, Varsity Football, National Merit Commended

I recieved $11,500 annually. Has anyone been invited to the interview session in February for the big scholarships? I was hoping I might get invited, but I'm not sure if I am eligible.