Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Will a "B" in AP Physics C Kill my Chances?

RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 85Registered User Junior Member
I think that I have a very strong application to MIT (I am applying RD). I haven't taken any subject tests, but my SAT I is a 2210 (770 CR, 720 Math, 720 Writing [8E]) and I am planning on retaking it in December to increase my math score to 750+. I also will have taken 12 AP classes by graduation (1 sophomore year, 5 junior year, and 6 senior year). I also am a "recruited" athlete. I am struggling in AP Physics C, however. My GPA is otherwise solid (I received an A- in PreCalculus and AP Calculus AB last year but otherwise have had straight A's). I will probably have a "B" or "B+" at best for my midyear report. If this is indeed the case, how quickly will my chances diminish with this "B"?
Post edited by RupertPupkin on

Replies to: Will a "B" in AP Physics C Kill my Chances?

• PiperXPPiperXP Posts: 2,607Registered User Senior Member
    Nope, it won't kill your chances.
  • SaugusSaugus Posts: 3,879Registered User Senior Member
    A 'B' in a remedial class such as AP Physics C will most certainly annihilate any slim chance that you may have had. If you cannot grasp the rudimentary concepts involved in AP Physics C, then you will flounder at MIT.
  • RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 85Registered User Junior Member
    LOL maybe it's because it's late but I honestly cannot tell if you are being sarcastic!
  • DoinSchoolDoinSchool Posts: 738Registered User Member
    x2. I would consider abandoning academia
  • NewAccountNewAccount Posts: 1,882Registered User Senior Member
    Of course they are being sarcastic. AP Physics C is one of the hardest APs offered and a B won't ruin an otherwise strong application.