Advice for Applying/Chance?
I will be applying for MIT this fall and would just like to get your advice/opinions.
1. I am half Korean and half Chinese. I see myself as more Korean than Chinese, but during admissions are all Asians grouped together? Or is there an advantage to applying with one ethnicity?
2. How do my grades/ec's look?
- gpa shows noticeable improvement from freshman to junior year
- 9th: 3.75 (uw) / 4.20 (w)
- 10th: 3.85 (uw) / 4.65 (w)
- 11th: 3.92 (uw) / 3.85 (w)
- Sophomore year AP's: AP Physics B
- Junior year AP's: AP Physics C (EM & M), AP Calculus BC (with AB subscore), AP U.S. History, AP English Language, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science
- Senior year AP's (will take in Fall): AP Spanish, Ap Statistics, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics (need class credit), AP English Literature
* Most ap tests were 5's besides English... Always been strong in math & science... never great in English... lol.
* Note that all physics tests were taken out of curiosity and prior to having taken any physics classes.
- Currently an intern at CalTech
- Tae Kwon Do for 11 years (instructor with 6 years of competition experience)
- 13 years violin; member of orchestras for 7 years
3. How do my test scores look?
SAT (R/M/W): 640/790/620 (only took once)
SAT II (All taken in one seating and in this order. Scores seem to have a decreasing trend...):
- Chemistry: 790
- Math IIC: 770
- Physics: 710
Thank you for any and all insight! Really appreciate it!