Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Dropping the class due to the illness...

Mansu007Mansu007 Posts: 666Registered User Member
Hello!

I am an RD applicant.

Since last week, I suffered with serious thyroid problem that costed me eight academic days.

Today when I went to the school, my AP Microecon. teacher told me that it will be the best to drop the class (she strongly encourages it) since I missed basically most academic days of the Second Semester (AP Microecon is a semester class here). Tomorrow I am going to see the guidance counselor about this problem, but will changing the AP Microecon to another class will hinder my chance?

Right now, I am taking AP Physics and AP Calculus too (they are year-long classes).
Post edited by Mansu007 on

Replies to: Dropping the class due to the illness...

• myboby123myboby123 Posts: 428Registered User Member
    first of, i am sure you have set very high standards for your self as a MIT RD applicant. I assume you are applying MIT for a science related major not ECON.

how could 8 days be most academic days of the second semester? it is not even two weeks. out of how many semester days in total? if you are a good student (you should know this by now), i think it is entirely possible for you to catch up. quite frankly, as long as you get a B in the class, you will be fine since your grade at this point will not be used in application evaluation. Is it worth it to spend a lot of time making up for the missed work? i can't answer that. I assume you have a lot of catching up to do in the other AP courses as well. please assess your overall schedule. i would seriously CONSIDER your teacher's advise and switch to a non-AP class. Also consider your familiarity with this subject and whether this teach has a reputation of being "tough"