Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

question about application

helllohelllo Posts: 22Registered User New Member
On the extracurricular section it says to list the 5 most important activities to you. I am highly invloved in music, but I have participated in more than 5 orchestras/bands. And, I have been doing research for a while. There is not enough room to include my main extracurriculars. Does this mean I have to omit putting some of my activities on the application?
Post edited by helllo on

Replies to: question about application

• molliebatmitmolliebatmit Posts: 12,306Super Moderator Senior Member
    Well, in the first place, the point is that they want you to include the five activities which are most important to you, rather than writing a laundry list of activities.

If you have several activities which fall into the same category, a strategy which others have used is to write "Music: Orchestra, band, all-state chorus" under one box, then use other parts of the application to elaborate.
  • helllohelllo Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    Would something like "clubs" be too general?

Also, some bands/orchestras I have been in for 3 years while other I've been in for 4 years of high school, would I have to split those up?
  • panasonicpanasonic Posts: 224Registered User Junior Member
    I think clubs would be wayyy too general (or else, what'd be the point of listing the top 5 activities that mean the most to you. I'm not saying clubs are everyone's only activities, but I'm asssuming most of us are in 2-3 of them). On the other hand, I believe band/orchestras would be sufficient.