Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Resume for Interview?

prepreprepre Posts: 418Registered User Member
Is it OK to use the first person on a resmume when describing an activity and your role in it:

EG, which one is better:
1. Interned at the the National Institutes Health; Completed scientific research regarding protein-mediated viral entry.

or

2.I Interned at the National Institutes of Health and completed scientific research regarding protein-mediated viral entry.
Post edited by prepre on

Replies to: Resume for Interview?

• uskoolfishuskoolfish Posts: 1,630Registered User Senior Member
    "I" is assumed and wastes space. The professional way to do it is #1
  • Cougar09Cougar09 Posts: 218Registered User Junior Member
    My interviewer told me to put my resume away :( lol
  • ShesOnHerWayShesOnHerWay Posts: 757Registered User Member
    So did my D2 interviewer....she said she couldn't take it.
  • prepreprepre Posts: 418Registered User Member
    Haha I had my interview today and wrote up a resume but didn't even take it out...I was too busy coughing (I'm sick :( ) but the interview was great; it wasn't formal at all . I love MIT :)
  • blayman5blayman5 Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    No resume needed. My interviewer did not even notice that i brought anything.
  • AmbitiousMind07AmbitiousMind07 Posts: 1,010Registered User Senior Member
    My interviewer requested that I e-mail it to him when I first signed up to receive an interview. He said that he usually sculpts his questions from the student's interests. It seemed to work just fine for me; the interview went very well! I suppose it just depends on the preference of the interviewer.
  • DukeBlueDevilsDukeBlueDevils Posts: 444Registered User Member
    my interviewer was impressed that i had brought a resume with me and gladly accepted it.
  • 2coll2coll Posts: 200Registered User Junior Member
    My daughter was interviewed at our home. The interviewer mentioned that he prefers to talk to the parents after the formal interview. Interviewed for about 1 hour and spoke with us for another 45 minutes. He did take the resume with him.
  • ShesOnHerWayShesOnHerWay Posts: 757Registered User Member
    Since MIT makes such a big deal about the interview, you'd think that they would standardize what the ECs should and shouldn't do.
  • MikalyeMikalye Posts: 1,065Registered User Senior Member
    They do standardise what we report to some degree. I think that the system works very well, actually. The current system plays to the strengths of each individual EC.
  • prepreprepre Posts: 418Registered User Member
    I think that MITs interviews vary a lot from formal to casual; it's weird how they do it
  • DukeBlueDevilsDukeBlueDevils Posts: 444Registered User Member
    ^yeah i agree, some people's seem way more rigorous/formal than others...