Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

when do packets come?

123123 Posts: 141Registered User Junior Member
How long does it take MIT to send out the packets after we accept? I sent in my letter over a week ago, but I'm on the west coast. I guess I shouldn't be worrying at all yet.
Post edited by 123 on

Replies to: when do packets come?

• LSALSA Posts: 640Registered User Member
    Some Boston kids got theirs today...
  • portlanderportlander Posts: 231Registered User Junior Member
    http://www.3-107.com/

check the may 4 entry
  • geniezclonegeniezclone Posts: 427Registered User Member
    Boston kids got theirs already? Boo-wahh...
  • medermeder Posts: 181Registered User Junior Member
    don't get crazy, Ann. we still have to wait for some docs from ISO, so it seems that it'll take a week more for them to get in touch with DHL :(
  • 123123 Posts: 141Registered User Junior Member
    Are we supposed to get some kind of email confirmation once they get our reply, or do we just wait for the packet?
  • medermeder Posts: 181Registered User Junior Member
    yeah, 123. MIT will send an email notification when they recieve the reply-form (at least they have sent it to me and to my friends).
  • sidssanasidssana Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    MIT sends a postcard instead of an email to domestic students.

I just got my packet today, :). It's huge, but a lot of it is the same information from the two websites.
  • amrikamrik Posts: 530Registered User Member
    Waaah I want a packet too. ;_;
  • portlanderportlander Posts: 231Registered User Junior Member
    i want a packet too!

ooo....i didn't get an email confirmation, and i sent it april 30. uh oh.....
  • wrdstomakeupwrdstomakeup Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    I wonder if they're sending out packages in alphabetical order. What's the first letter of your last name, sidssana? If they are, I'll have to wait a long time :(
  • magefilemagefile Posts: 67Registered User Junior Member
    I got mine today. Sent in my form April 30-ish, and I live in Chicago.
  • sidssanasidssana Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    My last name starts with K.

I would think they are sending them out not by alphabetical order, but by reply date? Since this isn't a packet from the Admissions Office, but one from ARC, I would think that when the Admissions Office got our replies, they sent the names and information over to the ARC. Thus, the earlier you sent in a reply, the higher up on the list and the earlier you get your packet. That would be my guess, since they are going to mailing the packets over the next week or so.

Edit: I guess my theory doesn't work out then.
  • RosenRosenRosenRosen Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    Are we supposed to be able to access e-mail as soon as we've registered (the packet says the Kerbos identity is available immediately) or do we have to wait until our Athena account becomes available, too?
  • asdf123asdf123 Posts: 133Registered User Junior Member
    as soon as you get your packet, you should be able to set up your account.
  • RosenRosenRosenRosen Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    Yeah, I've registered my id and password, but is e-mail supposed to be working immediately (mine's not and I'm impatient =)), or am I supposed to wait overnight for that like my Athena account?