Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Email request for Interview

EsplinEsplin Posts: 466Registered User Member
Would this be a good request for an interview?

Hi, my name xxxx xxxx and I am a student at xxxxxxx High School in xxxxxx, xxxxxx.
I am fine with any interview time you can manage to find for me (except school hours of course). Can't wait to meet you!
Post edited by Esplin on

Replies to: Email request for Interview

• molliebatmitmolliebatmit Posts: 12,154Super Moderator Senior Member
    You might want to include a line about how you're applying to MIT and whether you're applying EA or RD. :)
  • EsplinEsplin Posts: 466Registered User Member
    oh, so I should say: "I'm applying EA through the online application?"
  • fontainefontaine Posts: 188Registered User Junior Member
    Is email > calling?
    Esplin, yes, don't forget that the EC gets other types of email and doesn't automatically know why you are contacting him/her.

fontaine, it doesn't really matter whether you email or call. Just get ahold of your EC somehow.
  • MikalyeMikalye Posts: 1,065Registered User Senior Member
    it doesn't really matter whether you email or call. Just get ahold of your EC somehow.

Many EC's will have a preferred method of contact, if yours does, this will be given to you by MIT. If an EC prefers you to e-mail, then don't call.
    But assuming they're given both an email and a phone number by MIT, it doesn't matter which they use, correct?
  • ihs76ihs76 Posts: 1,506Registered User Senior Member
    If you haven't heard back after a week, should one resend? I've had e-mails 'lost' (which seems impossible) or take a week to arrive at their destination (which also seems impossible).
  • MikalyeMikalye Posts: 1,065Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, I had one applicant this year whose e-mail went into my spam folder for no distinguishable reason. Feel free to resend after 10 days or so, with a note explaining that it is a resend.