Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What courses needed for pre med courses?

7H77H7 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited January 2008 in McGill University
Currently enrolled in grade 10 in BC, aiming for McGill, planning to go to Med School.

I will have to pick my grade 11 courses soon. I will be taking Chemistry 11 and Physics 11 for sure but have the option of skipping Biology 11 to Biology 12 since they have different criteria...

Basically Bio 11 includes:
* Adaptation and Evolution
* Microbiology
* Mycology
* Plant Biology
* Animal Biology
* Ecology

Bio 12 is about cells and the human body.

Is the curriculum for Biology 11 relevant to the Bio courses which I will need to take in University? Is it a good idea to skip Bio 11 to ease some stress in grade 11?

Once I apply for a University, will I be taking the Faculty of Science? Also, what courses will I need to take?

What is the difference between PreMed program and PreMed courses?
Post edited by 7H7 on

Replies to: What courses needed for pre med courses?

• syzoninsyzonin Posts: 149Registered User Junior Member
    uh i would suggest you take the biology courses... they are probably good introductions to future college courses. just my common sense interpretation, anyone who actually GO to college want to second that? Plus, how stressful is grade 11 compared to college?

you can go into any major and still apply to medical school. I'm not sure of the specific required courses but they are probably listed on the mcgill department of medicine website.

since you're from BC, you don't qualify for the PreMed Program at Mcgill. the program's only for students attending Quebec CEJEPs (2-year college after 11th year of high school), so unless you migrate over to Quebec for CEJEP i wouldn't worry about it.
  • hhhccehhhcce Posts: 53Registered User Junior Member
    Personally, I would say physiology, biochemistry, chemistry, anatomy and biomedical science. And this Category:Medicine - SUS Redbooks will answer your question
  • syzoninsyzonin Posts: 149Registered User Junior Member
    oh WOW you just scared the hell out of me... 80 in-state admittants? T^T reconsidering my future here lol
  • 7H77H7 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    so does that mean I take Faculty of Science?