Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Should I transfer to MSU from UM-Dearborn

collegehope20collegehope20 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2010 in Michigan State University
Hi Everyone,

I currently attend UM-Dearborn and I've been accepted at MSU for fall, last day for orientation is Aug. 29th. I'm not stupid and i've already registered for classes at dearborn in case I do not decide to transfer. However, I already have 87 credits and I don't know what to do. I don't really like UM-Dearborn all that much, but only because I feel that it has a negative connotation if I tell someone I go to "UM-Dearborn". I know, it's a stupid reason. I have a few days to decide what to do. Now that I have the opportunity to leave this school I don't really know what to do, does the fact that i'm even second guessing it mean I should stay?

Thanks, any advice welcome
Post edited by collegehope20 on

Replies to: Should I transfer to MSU from UM-Dearborn

• romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Posts: 22,726Registered User Senior Member
    If you like UM-Dearborn besides the fact that you get a negative reaction from others, I would say stay at UM-Dearborn.

I still get negative reactions when I say that I chose MSU over UMich-AA. It's just something you get used to *shrug*.

What is your program/major?
  • collegehope20collegehope20 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply :)

My major is psychology, I want to go to medical school. I emailed some advisors at MSU hoping I could go and talk to them and see what they think about my situation, but none have replied, do you know if they have walk in advising?

Thanks
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Posts: 22,726Registered User Senior Member
    They might have walk-in advising. I know they've been super busy with AOP.

Your best bet would be to call up the psych office during the day and try to set up an appointment that way.