What are some differences between Middlebury and Haverford- not academically, only socially? What are some opinions from current/past students about the student bodies at these two schools? Too preppy, too snobby/mean, too nerdy, too boring, too lax-boyish etc etc.
I sometimes worry Hav' is too small, and its size will stunt my social life. I'm not into CRAZY parties and getting drunk every single night, but I don't want to sit around all weekend and pleasure read every friday night...
Also, if you can, please chance me? As of now, I plan to apply to Haverford ED. If I don't get in, which is highly possible, I might apply ED 2 to Middlebury. Does ED 1 give a bigger advantage than ED 2 does? Does ED 2 actually help at all, or should I just apply regular?
Chance me for Middlebury ED 1 (if I change my mind), ED 2, and RD. thanks!
Oh, and if you want, you can also chance me for other schools: vassar, bowdoin, wesleyan and whatever ones you suggest for RD if my ed's don't go well...
I also go to a VERY competitive public school in the northeast (VERY competitive)
* SAT: 2180 (CR: 730)(M:700)(W:750)
* SAT: Bio: 760 Spanish:710
GPA: UW=3.67 Weighted: ~4.3 only because I didn't take many honors freshman year. But in soph,junior,senior year my Weighted GPA would be around 4.65. We don't have class rank. (sending unweighted gpa)
CP= college prep i.e regular level not honors
English CP A-
Geometry CP A-
Physics CP A-
World History CP: A-
Spanish H B+
Studio Art 1: B+ (silly)
English H A-
Spanish H A
Chemistry H A-
US History H A
Algebra 2 CP B (my teacher was 20 yrs old and got fired after 1 year- very arbitrary grade.... she was completely incompetent)
Studio Art 2 B+ (silly again)
11th (3.8 gpa junior year)
AP European History B (5)
AP Economics (micro+macro) A (5 on both AP tests)
English H A
Biology H A (took AP test, got a 5 if that helps at all)
Spanish H A
Pre-Calc CP A
AP English A
AP Physics B/B- (probs B, but if i get ONE b- first quarter senior year in a hard ap class, will it kill my chances?)
AP Spanish A
AP Psych A/A+
Honors Neuroscience (double course mandatory for AP Psych) A
Calculus CP A/A+
Extra-Curriculars: 1=freshman year, 2=sophomore year, 3=junior year, 4=senior year
* School Newspaper: 1,2,3,4 --- Editor in Chief senior year
* Environmental Club: 3,4
* Have a good job at a Harvard neurobiology research lab: 3,4
* Attended overnight camp for 5 summers
* On programming committee at camp (ran activities for younger kids) - 4
* Hebrew School: 1,2,3 (maximum)
* Was a "big brother" in the big brother + sister program at heb. school to 3rd grader- 4
* Teacher at Hebrew School: 3, 4
* Captain of basketball team at camp (at summer camp, not school) - 3
* Jewish youth group - 2,3,4
* Spanish Club: 4
* Improv Comedy- 2,3
* Qualified for National Economics Competition (very prestigious) at Federal Reserve
* Math tutor: 3,4
* Volunteer 2-3 hours a week at local nature trail: 3
*I have a HUGE upward slope (practically vertical
), especially with rigor of classes!
Chance me for: RD middlebury, ED 1 (in case i change my mind), and ED 2... thanks!