Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

naked man

SystemSystem Posts: 1 New Member
what is the naked man?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Replies to: naked man

• bzzztbzzzt Posts: 320Registered User Member
    Naked Man is a venerable West Point tradition. Normally executed in times of high stress...or high spirits...it involves running through part of the campus clad only in your running shoes and a smile. Former Naked Men and Naked Women have also affixed glow sticks to the various parts of their anatomy. Being caught is an automatic turnback. Thus, if you started your run as a member of the class of 2008, you have just become a member of the class of 2009. Successful completion of naked man is worth lots of cool points.

Hope this helped.
  • taffytaffy Posts: 2,356- Senior Member
    "Being caught is an automatic turnback. Thus, if you started your run as a member of the class of 2008, you have just become a member of the class of 2009."

wait... whaaat?
  • cadetfor5cadetfor5 Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    if you are caught they will make you repeat a year
  • SystemSystem Posts: 1 New Member
    serious? they'll make you repeat a whole dang year for that? think of the cost to the taxpayer! lol
  • mrgreenapplemrgreenapple Posts: 415Registered User Member
    *mrgreenapple dusts off the ol' Nixon mask*
  • marines4memarines4me Posts: 602Registered User Member
    Actually, not true. The rumor is that it's an automatic turnback, but that's not always the case.
  • envee06envee06 Posts: 221Registered User Junior Member
    I've heard stories of a former Naked Man making the dash in Darth Vader helmets. I don't know about you, but that would be one of the funniest things I can possibly imagine.
    Also, I thought that the only cadets that did this were the ones that were going to get kicked out for "academic deficiency"? Maybe that's what "times of high stress" means.
    what else gets you a turnback?
    Sex in the barracks. Some of the alcohol offenses. Academic turn back is if you have to take several classes over again. Honor can be a turn back depending on the situation. Regs, sometimes. Basically, you get turned back when you could get kicked out, but the Comm/Supe/Dean thinks that you are salvageable.
    so streaking is on the same level as frat?
    i guess its a bigger offense to streak when nobody is outside than to streak in the community showers.
    Streaking=frat to the eyes of the upper echelon...but Naked Man is looked upon favorably by other cadets, whereas frat is a despicable thing and those who engage in it do not have the fortitude to wait. There is a huge difference in maturity between plebes and upperclassmen, on the whole. Yes, there are combat vet plebes who are more mature than graduating firsties. Yes, there are plebes who have already been through college and are older than graduating firsties. But for the majority of the class, y'all need to grow up a bit...and you don't need a relationship with someone who's already grown up to mess with that. My 2 cents, from someone who's been there, done that.
    i have no idea what you just said or who you were responding to.
    Responding to ADA asking if streaking was on the same level as frat. Frat, short for fraternization, is an inappropriate social relationship between an upperclassman and a plebe...Normally male upperclassman, female plebe, and all around bad news.