Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Whole Candidate Score

pyoo323pyoo323 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
Anybody know what the Whole Candidate Score is comprised of? I have a basic idea, but not really sure. Also, what is a score that would be equal to someone getting an appointment?

I just talked to someone who told me a candidate score of about 600 or above usually means you can get in.

I have no idea if this is correct or anywhere near the figure, does anyone know? Thanks.
Post edited by pyoo323 on

Replies to: Whole Candidate Score

• airborne101airborne101 Posts: 102Registered User Junior Member
    All I know for sure is that the CFA accounts for 10% of the possible total.
  • shogunshogun Posts: 1,895Registered User Senior Member
    As I understand it (and my info is 2 years old), the WCS required in order to garner an offer of appointment will "slide" up (or down) as the candidate year progresses. It is not a number that stays constant. As the level of competition rises, so will the WCS required to enter. I remember being told that the later a candidate completes his/her application the higher the required WCS will be, as the number of available spots dwindles. In other words, it is not a "fixed' number.
  • AnnAnn Posts: 1,477Registered User Senior Member
    USMA allocates 30% of the Whole Candidate Score to Leadership. The leadership score includes the candidate's school evaluation, activities, athletics, and leadership positions.

60% of the Whole Candidate Score is allocated to Academics. The academic score includes high school rank, course difficulty, English SAT and Math SAT or ACTs.

10% is allocated to the CFA.
  • SteslaSSteslaS Posts: 293Registered User Junior Member
    And the CFA doesnt replace the physical aspect of athletics right?
  • AnnAnn Posts: 1,477Registered User Senior Member
    No - you need to have competitive athletic participation, but for WCS purposes it is counted under leadership potential. WP is the only academy that allocates 10% of the WCS towards the CFA.