Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Drexel Why Medicine Essay

coolcamelcoolcamel Posts: 55Registered User Junior Member
edited December 2012 in Multiple Degree Programs
Hi!
Does anyone know what the word limit on the Drexel Why medicine essay is? There really is no specification on the application site...and since you have a strict time limit to complete it, i would hate to discover that I have to add/delete parts from my essay.

Thanks
Post edited by coolcamel on

Replies to: Drexel Why Medicine Essay

• MrInformedMrInformed Posts: 183Registered User Junior Member
    I believe last year it was 1 page single spaced. My essay was about 700 words long. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to msg me. I was accepted into all 3 undergrads and ultimately chose Villanova. I absolutely love it so far. Really nice people, great campus, close to Philly, but not too close, fantastic professors, a good number of people in the program to interact with/study with and the adviser, Dr. Russo, is absolutely amazing. She's always on top of things, unlike some of the other advisers for the other undergrads, and she's incredibly friendly.
  • coolcamelcoolcamel Posts: 55Registered User Junior Member
    Which other undergraduate schools did you apply to with the Drexel College of Medicine Program? Why did you ultimately choose Villanova?
  • butterfli123butterfli123 Posts: 227Registered User Junior Member
    @MrInformed
    How selective is drexel with these bs/md programs? Does it matter which undergrad you apply to to get admitted ?
  • MrInformedMrInformed Posts: 183Registered User Junior Member
    They're all equally selective with around a 2-3% acceptance rate. I suppose Leigh and villanova programs are a bit more selective by the nature of the undergrads which are better than drexel undergrad.
  • butterfli123butterfli123 Posts: 227Registered User Junior Member
    ohhh okay! Thanks