Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Least Stressful BA/MD programs

sickoffloridasickofflorida Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2007 in Multiple Degree Programs
If you could rate which which programs were the most slack, which would they be? This DOES NOT MEAN WHICH ARE THE EASIEST TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO, but instead, which are the least stressful one you are in.

Here are the programs I know of...use these for rating.
1. Drexel
4. Penn State
5. Temple
6. Case PPSP
7. Northwestern
8. Stony Brook
9. Brooklyn College
10. Uconn
11. Brown PLME
12. Rice/Baylor
13. George Washington
14. University of Pittsburgh
15. Rochester
16. UMKC
17. USC
18. University of New Mexico
19. UIC
20. Neucom
21. Michigan State University
Post edited by sickofflorida on

Replies to: Least Stressful BA/MD programs

• whatever78whatever78 Posts: 427Registered User Member
    union/amc is very relaxed
  • whatever78whatever78 Posts: 427Registered User Member
    and u get a masters at the same time u get ur normal bachelor's
  • sickoffloridasickofflorida Posts: 228Registered User Junior Member
    what about RPI/AMC? Is that a very stressful program where I will have to blow my brains out with biomedical engineering stuff?
  • curiositycuriosity Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    the rpi program requires you to be a biology major, from those i've talked to, you can do an engineering major if you really want, but that would be hard. and those i've talked to in the program have just done the bio major stuff and they didn't seem to have a problem with it, but of course that's always a a personal thing so who knows... you do biology at rpi where most of the students are not biology majors
  • dcircledcircle Posts: 1,846Registered User Senior Member
    the PLME by far. no MCATs, opportunity to take all undergrad classes Pass/Fail, and no second semester orgo
  • foodisgoodfoodisgood Posts: 874Registered User Member
    umdnj is good, no minimum mcat score and a nice standard 3.5 gpa requirement.
    Of course you would say that, you're planning to go there. I agree with you but I think it depends what undergraduate school you go to...TCNJ seems more rigorous while Rutgers seems more slack. There are several programs that don't require MCAT's and have a 3.4 GPA requirement...which of these seem to be the least stressful where it easy to maintain the minimum GPA requirement? This question is especially directed to those who are ALREADY in the combined degree programs...not those who have yet to see.
  • bonder123bonder123 Posts: 192Registered User Junior Member
    st.bonaventure/ gw med has no MCAT requirement and 3.3 gpa, an asweme deal in my opinion, im goin there next year
  • ivybound1010ivybound1010 Posts: 485Registered User Member
    but for the st bonaventure program u cant get less than a B- in any class

every program seems to have its positives and negatives, evaluate carefully
  • Central PerkyCentral Perky Posts: 918Registered User Member
    Although NEOUCOM is accelerated, it isn't bad...you need to maintain a 3.2 GPA. The classes aren't super hard (easy schools).
  • irenehlin88irenehlin88 Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    Does anyone have an opinion of U. Miami 7 years meidcal program? Thanks.
  • eternity1115eternity1115 Posts: 265Registered User Junior Member
    HPME is very relaxed. You have to maintain a 3.2 overall and a 3.0 in your science classes + no MCATs.
  • RisingSeniorRisingSenior Posts: 43Registered User Junior Member
    union/amc is not relaxed. kids drop out like no other.
    you can add rpi/amc to the stressful list...the professors are such **** bags over there.
  • ivybound1010ivybound1010 Posts: 485Registered User Member
    woa really? is that true about union and rpi? can anyone back that up
    I had no idea...