Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

1243244245246247249»

Replies to: ***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

• mmmulqueenmmmulqueen Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    @misophoniax hey can you share your ACT/SAT score and other stats that got you into the Siena/AMC program? I really want to get in next year and I'm trying to do everything I can to make myself a good candidate!
  • GoldenRockGoldenRock Registered User Posts: 892 Member
    Look at the 'results thread' for different years to see the profiles. This person also posted in 2017 cycle.
  • njdesimomnjdesimom Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    is it necessary to apply to both feeder schools or can you apply to only 1? Unioon / AMC or RPI/AMC
  • GoldenRockGoldenRock Registered User Posts: 892 Member
    @njdesimom You need to apply to each feeder school (RPI, Union, Sienna). Later if the app is forwarded and AMC decides, will get notification to apply for the AMC (separate app with $100+ fees for each time).
  • njdesimomnjdesimom Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    thank you, I guess we won't be able to apply. we only meet the requirements for 1 of the feeder schools in terms of GPA (missed it by a fraction).
  • rk2017rk2017 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 17
    @njdesimom, As far as I understand, you can apply to one, some or all the feeder schools and depending on whether or not you get the interview calls, if any, and if selected, the applicant can opt which feeder school to attend. The feeder schools have their own policies of who to forward for the medical school consideration. Example that may be particularly relevant in your case, NJMS --> feeder schools: NJIT, Rutgers, TCNJ, Stevens, ..... Generally people apply to couple of feeder schools where they think they have best shot at getting forwarded for the medical school consideration. Also, if selected, it may make a lot of sense to consider which of the feeder schools are relatively relaxed and which are stringent as far as medical school matriculation is concerned (primarily, GPA, MCAT score, grade deflation at the particular school etc)
  • college24789college24789 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    @MarkKnam can you tell me your experiences with the UMSI program
  • thetexthetex Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
    edited August 20
    I want to apply for Brown PLME, and I don't see any PLME-specific questions on the Common Application. Where should I find them?

I read the PLME program information page on the Brown website and it doesn't tell me how I will inform Brown that I'm applying for their program in addition to the college. All I see is "There is only ONE application to Brown and the PLME program." Does this mean that I don't have to do anything extra for the program? If that isn't the case, then how would I let Brown know?
  • rk2017rk2017 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Have you gone through the Brown specific common app? I am sure they prompt you somewhere whether you would be interested in that program and if you answer yes, there will be a supplemental questionnaire and/or essays section that gets enabled that you need to fill up also.