Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Question about senior recitals

HoggirlHoggirl Posts: 691Registered User Member
edited November 2012 in Music Major
The son of very close family friends is having his senior voice recital in a couple of weeks, and we plan to attend. Are we supposed to take a gift? Even if it isn't expected, would it be inappropriate to take a gift or card or someting? Any suggestions?

TIA.
Post edited by Hoggirl on

Replies to: Question about senior recitals

• cellomom2cellomom2 Posts: 118Registered User Junior Member
    My son gave a senior recital a few years ago. We were so happy that so many people took time out of their busy lives to come and share in his music. Several people gave him a small gift or card and it was appreciated, but not at all expected.
  • Mezzo'sMamaMezzo'sMama Posts: 2,549Registered User Senior Member
    No, you're not required to take a gift, but you are close to this young man's family so if you would like to, a gift card would be a lovely gesture. I'm sure that an iTunes or Amazon card would be greatly appreciate.
  • stradmomstradmom Posts: 3,657Registered User Senior Member
    Nice idea Mezzo'sMama! Your attendance at the event will be seen as a gift by the performer and his family, but a gift card he could use for something musical would I'm sure be appreciated. We've also given gift cards to the local classical music shop and to a terrific local record store than unfortunately has closed down now that I'm not giving out so many gift cards...