Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Music Program Competition (NYU and Loyola New Orleans)

NihongoyoNihongoyo Posts: 2,254Registered User Senior Member
edited December 2007 in Music Major
Hi to all!

Just wondering a few things: I am a prospective transfer applicant/auditioner to a few other music schools than the ones listed, and was wondering-

1). How is the competition getting into Steinhardt's voice program in NYU.
2). Also, the same goes for loyola in new orleans.

I know nyu is much more difficult
Post edited by Nihongoyo on

Replies to: Music Program Competition (NYU and Loyola New Orleans)

• stressedsenior08stressedsenior08 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    I applied to Loyola New Orleans, and I think i got in, but i didn't get anything official yet. The people are very nice, and the theory test wasn't hard.
  • NihongoyoNihongoyo Posts: 2,254Registered User Senior Member
    stressedsenior08,

I went to Tulane so I walked by Loyola's campus everyday! the people are SOOOOOOOOOOO much nicer there than at Tulane which is why I was like "hey! i wanna go to the rival school." hehe.

I just think new orleans is awesome haha I miss it already (not tulane.)
  • fiddlefrogfiddlefrog Posts: 1,219Registered User Senior Member
    At NYU the situation is basically this: the academic standards are high, but the performance standards are not especially so. If your audition is superb, you might get in with good-but-not-great academic qualifications. Otherwise, you'll need academic strength comparable to what is normal for any other NYU applicant.