College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I had audition for 3 schools (well 2 if you dont count AMDA) and out of all 3 of them I made it into AMDA along with a 5,000$ scholarship. It seems to me that some feel the school is a scam and in fact there are some great things about it.
1. I can still get a BFA through the New School in NY, since AMDA's credits can be used towards the degree in the school (however I have to wait until I graduate).
2. It is right in New York City.
3. They too have a show case of some sort for the seniors.
4. They have there own theater (off-off- Broadway)
5. A lot of the teachers are from well established Colleges and Theater backgrounds.
6. There Alumni include many working and employed actors.
7. A BFA at Boco (or any other college) and a certificate really mean nothing on the street of professional theater (Unless you want to Teach).
Please me tell me why AMDA is so bad?