Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

minimum SAT scores for major schools

NotMamaRoseNotMamaRose Posts: 4,090Registered User Senior Member
edited December 2006 in Musical Theater Major
I know this topic has been discussed before here and there, but I could not find a thread devoted to answering this question, so I am forging ahead:

* Can anyone post the minimum SAT scores needed by schools offering a BFA in musical theater, particularly:

NYU
University of Michigan
Carnegie Mellon University
CCM
Syracuse University
Ithaca College
Emerson College
Oklahoma City University

Also, out of these schools (and any others that people want to bring up), which schools vet a kid's grades and scores FIRST before allowing him or her to audition.

I thought it would be nice to have all this information in one, easy-to-access, thread.

Thanks in advance, all you knowledgeable MTers and MTers' parents! :)
L
Post edited by NotMamaRose on

Replies to: minimum SAT scores for major schools

• Someonesmom2Someonesmom2 Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
    Minimum SAT scores needed by schools offering a BFA in musical theater:

NYU
    University of Michigan - 1650 (there may be some flexibility here, but I'm not sure)
    Carnegie Mellon University
    CCM
    Syracuse University
    Ithaca College
    Emerson College
    Oklahoma City University

These schools require an academic review of grades and scores FIRST before allowing the student to audition:

University of Michigan
  • chrisnoochrisnoo Posts: 376Registered User Member
    Collegeboard.com has all the middle 50% of accepted students on its website. Just go here and type in the name of the school, and then enter the college in the CollegeQuick Finder, and then go to the SAT, AP, CLEP tab, and look for the middle 50%.

I did NYU as a test and the middle 50% is:

Math: 620-710
    Verbal: 620-710