With your score, you will become a NMSF.......then...
It's pretty easy to become a finalist...15,000 out of 16,000 make finalist.
1) follow the directions on the semi-finalist packet that you'll receive in September & meet deadlines (If you don't receive the packet by mid Sept, ask your GC where it is.)
2) don't be a discipline problem at school
3) have a good GPA and good grades (no D's!!! one C might be ok for a semester grade)
4) write a respectful essay
5) Take the SAT between now and Dec and score a safe 2000+ (your SAT does NOT have to be equivalent to your PSAT...it just has to be above the minimum...which is why a 2000 is considered safe.)
6) Send SAT score to NM Corporation...code 0085
7) make sure the GC at school sends the info to NMCorp on time.
you'll receive notification that you made finalist in Feb of senior year. If you don't make it, you'll be notified mid January by mail.