Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

CSTEP Notification

good4collegegood4college Posts: 292Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2011 in New York University
so, apparently, im being considered for the cstep program at nyu. does anybody know when the decisions come out?

also, if i want to switch my major to something english, is that possible?

thanks
Post edited by good4college on

Replies to: CSTEP Notification

• mandolovamandolova Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    Since CSTEP is short for "Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program" would you still be eligible for the program if you changed your major to English, a non-science/non-technology major? You can only switch your major after you have been accepted and meet with your advisor to request the change.
  • good4collegegood4college Posts: 292Registered User Junior Member
    oh ok. also, when should I be hearing from them??
  • milkandsugarmilkandsugar Posts: 2,869Registered User Senior Member
    Hopefully soon. HEOP/CSTEP acceptances usually string along during first week of April or so. If you are thinking of switching majors, you have plenty of times to do that. The majority of the first year is taking MAP core courses and some of the extra things you need to do for CSTEP. You will not have to declare a major til the end of Sophomore year. In the mean time you will have an academic advisor to help you plan out classes. Get your foot in the door, first.
  • good4collegegood4college Posts: 292Registered User Junior Member
    I was just accepted, but they failed to mention the program. still happy though :)