Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

NYU RD Notification Date

MetaCognitionMetaCognition Posts: 5Registered User New Member
edited April 2013 in New York University
Does anyone know how/when Regular Decision applicants will be first notified of our admissions decision?
Post edited by MetaCognition on

Replies to: NYU RD Notification Date

• jp4everjp4ever Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    On the official website it says that last year they released the decisions via email on March 25th.
  • squiggles1118squiggles1118 Posts: 445Registered User Member
    NYU website lists the notification date for RD students as April 1 this year. (March 25th would be nice though!)

I heard that admissions was very backlogged this year so it is possible that April 1 may be the date.
  • Mango15Mango15 Posts: 815Registered User Member
    Ah it's so close but so far. Is there an NYU RD thread out there?
  • squiggles1118squiggles1118 Posts: 445Registered User Member
    If you are talking "stats" thread, haven't seen one. You should start it just in case some are notified early this month.
  • jp4everjp4ever Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    @ squiggles1118 You can also find an outdated news on their website saying they would release all the decisions on April 1st last year. But they still changed the date.

It's true that there are so many applicants this year... Still hope they could release decisions earlier!
  • chaosakitachaosakita Posts: 1,436Registered User Senior Member
    I have a friend who already got accepted with a full scholarship so at least some RD decisions have been made. (Or at least I think he applied RD)
    Accepted RD and received a full scholarship? Seems fishy to me.

NYU isn't great with aid, and it has a specific day when it sends out notifications. It's only on rolling basis for transfers.

Did you see this admissions letter?
  • pbarnuevopbarnuevo Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    NYU has released some acceptances to international students
  • greengeckogreengecko Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    It's my understanding that NYU sends out mail letters on the 24th, but puts it out by email on April 1st? Is this true?
  • leonardjpleonardjp Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
    NYU has definitely been notifying a select few of its applicants. A friend of mine got a likely letter last week, they called her house, she was offered a spot in the Martin Luther King Jr. Scholars program, and they are flying her out to visit later this month.

Wish that was me >_>
  • ucbound2012ucbound2012 Posts: 11Registered User New Member
    yeah i was notified last friday but its because i won the deans scholarship.
    Waah I don't want any scholarship or honor I just want to get in!
  • paranoidandparanoidand Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    I'm an international student. How am I gonna be notified? Help please. thanx in advance!
  • marcoPoloemarcoPoloe Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    I applied RD and I was accepted and I got the Martin Luther King Jr. Scholars scholarship.
  • momworriedmomworried Posts: 302Registered User Member
    Can those that got a scholarship post their stats