Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

25% are gay, lesbian, or transgender?

njchino371njchino371 Posts: 455Registered User Member
edited March 2009 in New York University
I read this somewhere. I have nothing against anyone, but I feel that those numbers are blown out of proportion?
Post edited by njchino371 on

Replies to: 25% are gay, lesbian, or transgender?

• jaimelajoliejaimelajolie Posts: 623Registered User Member
    huh! :)
    is that at NYU or just in general?

......either way, really, isn't surprising. It shows that our culture is more accepting--people don't have to hide their real selves anymore :)
  • APDoolittleAPDoolittle Posts: 1,275Registered User Senior Member
    I like that. I was accepted into NYU. I'm a gay guy. Hmm... interesting. I never thought those numbers would be that high. I guess I agree with jaimelajolie. Cool ;) !!
  • ampersandampersand Posts: 588Registered User Member
    I'm not too surprised at that stat. GLBT people tend to migrate to cities where people are more liberal/tolerant, and that definitely describes NYC.
    Hahah what are we nomads now? :D Or are we birds during seasonal changes? ;)
  • scrapnelscrapnel Posts: 580Registered User Member
    well do you ride camels or fly in a v formation?

;)
    Sorry, APDoolittle. Perhaps I was applying my own logic as a bisexual from Texas a little too broadly. It made sense in my head. :)
    Aww it's ok, I know what you meant. I wasn't mad or anything. Just took the opportunity to crack a quick joke. Ampersand, are you a guy or a girl? For some reason, [and I know it was in Wyoming] but Texas brings a sort of Brokeback Mountain-ish image to mind.

Haha, and to answer your question, scrapnel: I ride cowboys and soar freely in the sky at the same time. I love being gay! :)
    hahahaha! :) :)
    I'm a girl, but I do have family members who own a cattle ranch. ;)
    Cool :D Alright, I'm outie. That is, out for tonight. *yawn* Not out of the closet... unfortunately. All in good time...

Thanks for being accepting folks! I have an interview w/ NBC at my high school tomorrow! Wish me luck :)
    !!! Good luck! :) you'll be great. you're likeable. :)
    Wow, that's amazing. Good luck!
    Hey thanks both of you! Actually NBC bailed today. Apparently Donald Trump's wife giving birth is more important than interviewing lil ol' me and my peers. Haha! Who am I kidding? Of course it is! But it was postponed. So the interview will be soon. But aww, thanks for the compliments. I'll let ya know how it goes. Bye :)
  • jjjjjjjjjj Posts: 490Registered User Member
    jesus. i knew nyu was gay, but christ
    Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong w/ 25%? Read the rest of the posts and maybe make it a late new year's resolution to be less narrow-minded this year.

Peace ;)