Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

NYU, HEOP, and ED?

paperplatethesispaperplatethesis Posts: 33User Awaiting Email Confirmation Junior Member
edited September 2008 in New York University
Hey!

So, I was reading some old CC posts (2004? woah) and I found someone saying they were applying to NYU ED through HEOP? I thought HEOP was something you were considered for AFTER acceptance? Plus, why would a low-income student apply ED?

I'd like to know because, although I'm not a URM, I am low-income and in the range of elgibility for HEOP (to NYU, or any other school). I'd love to apply early (especially to NYU) to both increase my chances and just get it over with, but have been told not to take the chance with financial aid.

So, what are the chances of ED and HEOP together? Is there anyway to boost my chances for HEOP? If I were to call the school and/or opportunity programs office, what exactly would I be telling them? Just asking for a "chances" evaluation, asking about the program, etc? Or will I be begging to be accepted? lol
Post edited by paperplatethesis on

Replies to: NYU, HEOP, and ED?