Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

so, if you haven't heard back at ALL yet...is that a bad sign?

cupcake16cupcake16 Posts: 85Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2009 in New York University
just wondering. i know it's only mid-march, but i've been hearing that some people have been receiving decisions for RD.

thanks! :D
Post edited by cupcake16 on

Replies to: so, if you haven't heard back at ALL yet...is that a bad sign?

• mystiquekamimystiquekami Posts: 125Registered User Junior Member
    Same. All my friends heard back but they were accepted to LSP and one was accepted into Tisch and I haven't received anything yet.

Official decisions come out next week for the most part. A lot of people just got those invitations for admitted students events so it makes people who haven't received those invitations really nervous...like me :/
  • RyansheartRyansheart Posts: 140Registered User Junior Member
    I congratulate everyone who got in, two people at my school have been accepted and now I am in the batch with people who have not received anything. I am pretty sure I was rejected...
  • sgcarysgcary Posts: 96Registered User Junior Member
    I am in the same boat. It's making me nervous that I haven't heard.
  • SBtesterSBtester Posts: 205Registered User Junior Member
    Ryansheart, I'm in the same boat =(
    At least I'm not alone
  • ramenloverramenlover Posts: 97Registered User Junior Member
    yeah, i'm getting really nervous.. i haven't heard anything yet, but 5-6 people from my school have already heard back...
  • retroooretrooo Posts: 112Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah, several RD kids from my school heard & they got into Stern.
    Still nothing for me...99% rejected since it was a huge reach anyway.
  • kekekekekekekekekeke Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    Everyone who applied to Stern at my school has received their acceptance letters, while the majority of people applying to Steinhardt have heard as well, and the College of Arts & Sciences. Some people have already been rejected as well. No one from Tisch has heard, including me (only two people applied to Tisch in total) :( I'm so incredibly nervous! And I do feel that my application was strong enough so there is a little bit of hope left. But still, 11/28 kids who applied to NYU have gotten in from my school. Is NYU really specific to how many kids from a certain school they admit?
  • sansri88sansri88 Posts: 303Registered User Junior Member
    Apparently they mailed out another batch of letters today, with more next week. Do NOT lose hope!
  • cityboundcitybound Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    I am praying that you are right sansri. I am stressing out about this so much
  • psycuaticpsycuatic Posts: 74Registered User Junior Member
    Kids have received rejections? I thought rejections weren't out until April 1 and that if you don't have a notification yet, it doesn't necessarily mean you're rejected.
  • madgarg13madgarg13 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    Is anyone here an international student??
  • kekekekekekekekekeke Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    Yeah some kids at my school received rejections from Stern... they were in the form of e-mail since we're international... but i didn't receive an email acceptance either, which is why i'm even more confused because if they had rejected me already, then wouldn't I have gotten my rejection email as well?! Ah i'm so anxious!
  • madgarg13madgarg13 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    Yeah this is so weird cause i know people who have got acceptances but i dont know of any rejections. This waiting thing sucks man.
  • StickmanStickman Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    admissions said they send out waves of letters over a span of about two-three weeks. i know alot of my friends have been getting acceptances this past week, so there's still plenty of time left...really nervous about stern :[ it's my top pick
  • albertaalberta Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    i'm an international student and I am extremely nervous. do you know the percentage of international students that get accepted? just curious