Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

So which CELEBRITIES go to NYU?

burningbrightburningbright Posts: 129Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2009 in New York University
Are the Olsen twins still there?
Anyone from Gossip Girl?
Or are all the cool people at Columbia, like Emma Watson?
Post edited by burningbright on

Replies to: So which CELEBRITIES go to NYU?

• NuclearPakistan1NuclearPakistan1 Posts: 1,285Registered User Senior Member
    A lot of students turned actors have gone there. I can't remember any besides Lady Gaga haha.
  • missamericanpiemissamericanpie Posts: 2,179Registered User Senior Member
    I don't know, and honestly, it's because a lot of the student body really doesn't care. (There's even a Facebook group about the NYU student body's celebrity apathy!) We're not allowed to mention which celebrities go to NYU during admissions tours. It's this weird privacy rule that NYU has.

We DO have a lot of very famous alumni, however.
    oh wait, i remember one. James Franco splits his time between Tisch and Columbia. my friend totally watched him fall asleep in class quite a bit, lol lol lol.

and here is a list of our alumni! List of New York University alumni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it's actually quite interesting and surprising. i didn't know half of these people went to NYU, haha.

but my friends only seem to be excited about Lady Gaga and James Franco. lol.
  • just a girljust a girl Posts: 212Registered User Junior Member
    Emma Watson's going to Brown...right?
  • Alix2012Alix2012 Posts: 1,246- Senior Member
    I think the Olsen's dropped out after like a semester because one of them became anorexic or something...and most of the Gossip Girl cast have probably finished college, but on the show like half the cast is going there so we'll get to see them filming around campus. :) But you've probably heard of these guys:

Morgan Spurlock (he does documentaries like supersize me and 30 days)
    Alicia Keys
    Alexis Bledel (Gilmore Girls)
    Felicity Huffman (desperate housewives)
    Lisa Edelstein from House
    Selma Blair
    Julie Benz (from buffy and angel)
    Anne Hathaway
    Ethan Hawke
    Alec Baldwin
    M Night Shyama-something :p
    Mara Wilson (Mattilda!)
    Adam Sandler
    Kristen Bell (gossip girl/veronica mars)

and that guy from Harry Potter/Twilight was filming here last week, but he's not a student...and this is just from what I've heard, I'm sure that list has more.
    Nicholas Cage was filming a movie in the park a few weeks ago. it was very annoying because the assistants tried to stop people from standing in front of Silver.
  • stephennnstephennn Posts: 2,103Registered User Senior Member
    Felicity Huffman (desperate housewives)

lynette!!!!!!
  • VoneguttedVonegutted Posts: 202Registered User Junior Member
    He doesn't go to NYU but I saw Rob Pattinson (Twilight guy) in WSP during orientation. I don't even like Twilight but it was epic.
  • clairetineclairetine Posts: 113Registered User Junior Member
    The only actor from the Gossip Girl cast who is supposedly going to Tisch and is apparently attending the Lee Strasberg studio in the Class of 2012 is ....

Connor Paolo.

He plays Serena's little brother, Eric van der Woodsen.

If you look it up on google, people have spotted him walking to the Third Avenue North dorms... I kind of feel bad for him getting stalked.
  • clairetineclairetine Posts: 113Registered User Junior Member
    Oh wait .... wikipedia says,

"He attended New York University for one semester in Fall 2008 but left due to his heavy schedule."

I don't think celebrities have the opportunities to last too long or graduate.
  • art_starart_star Posts: 848Registered User Member
    Liam Aiken (series of unfortunate events boy) lived in my dorm this past year.
  • burningbrightburningbright Posts: 129Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks guys. Keep 'em coming. My stalker's to-do list still has some room. A forced hug picture for each, at lest a few "caught them unaware" videos... This is gonna be so good.
  • juliumjulium Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    dont forget haley joel osment. i think he's still enrolled.
    and Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs used to go to NYU. We've got some pretty well-known professors too.
  • nastynate0315nastynate0315 Posts: 1,277Registered User Senior Member
    Perez Hilton is a Tish alum LOL
  • GanDhIizRiPpiNGanDhIizRiPpiN Posts: 242Registered User Junior Member