Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

is Fordham a good school?

NYUwouldBeNiceNYUwouldBeNice Posts: 137Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2009 in New York University
yup...starting to look for backup schools now if and when bad ED news reaches me.

so i live in virginia, so i have no idea.
what is Fordham like?
and sorry if this is rude, but is bronx sketch?
Post edited by NYUwouldBeNice on

Replies to: is Fordham a good school?

• missamericanpiemissamericanpie Posts: 2,179Registered User Senior Member
    wouldn't this belong in the fordham forum?
  • NYUwouldBeNiceNYUwouldBeNice Posts: 137Registered User Junior Member
    well i guess, but i didnt want to offend fordhammers by asking this question. i figured people interested/at nyu would more or less know about fordham.

sorry
  • Alix2012Alix2012 Posts: 1,246- Senior Member
    well, I've visited Fordham a couple times (have friends there) so I'll give it a shot:

Fordham is a Catholic (Jesuit) university with 2 campuses: Lincoln Center (in Manhattan) and Rose Hill (in the Bronx). The Rose Hill campus is beautiful and like a traditional college campus. the surrounding area is not so nice, to be honest. But its pretty close to Manhattan, my Fordham friends are always downtown. You can also take classes at both campuses, but you have to do your core classes in your own campus.
    The Lincoln center campus is pretty small, basically a few buildings, so not really a campus. That's kind of the way NYU is too, except NYU has a ton of buildings basically around Greenwich Village and it feels like more of a campus since everything is centered around Washington Sq, whereas when I took the Fordham LC tour, they basically showed us around 1 random building, so it didn't feel like a college at all. I liked Rose Hill a lot more and recommend it if you're looking for a traditional feel. The people seemed friendlier, too.
  • OhboiOhboi Posts: 1,119Registered User Senior Member
    I just visited Fordham three days ago. It seems pretty nice, and I wouldn't mind going there.
    As Alix2010 said, the surrounding area isn't the best, but it's not horrible either. The students I spoke to said you just have to use your head. Any negative reports they've heard have basically been the result of students being stupid.
    Don't walk around with your ipod in our ears or on the phone late at night. Also, don't go out late by yourself.