Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

I need an easy filler class

futurenyustudentfuturenyustudent Posts: 5,366Registered User Senior Member
edited November 2009 in New York University
Recommendations?
Post edited by futurenyustudent on

Replies to: I need an easy filler class

• missamericanpiemissamericanpie Posts: 2,179Registered User Senior Member
    Music lessons. I think they come in 2 or 4 credits, and they're guaranteed easy As. There's group or private lessons, but aside from Piano, I think you have to supply your own instruments.
    Music and Performing Arts Professions FAQs - Music Department - NYU Steinhardt

Intro to Digital Photography in Steinhardt. I'm in it now, and Steinhardt has DSLRs available for loan, but our teacher let us use point-and-shoots for our assignments. I had an A on my midterm grade.

Supposedly, I've heard that the Irish language classes at the intro level are easy.

Any Intro art class such as Intro to Sculpture or Intro to Drawing/Painting, but only if you're willing to do a bunch of work outside the classroom.

What about one of the Tisch Open Arts? There's always some sort of filler class in there.

I know these are all "artsy" kind of classes, so if you're not really into that, I could suggest other ones.
  • futurenyustudentfuturenyustudent Posts: 5,366Registered User Senior Member
    Thanks. I was looking into something in CAS though (I don't have non-CAS credits so anything outside of CAS I have to get a waiver from the dean's office if I want it to count).

Music lessons sound pretty good...I could take 4 credits' worth of piano lessons or something. An hour a week, and 4 credits' worth of As unless I don't show up.

I was thinking about food science too through Steinhardt.