Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Which Arts and Humanities class is the best?

brolicksbrolicks Posts: 2Registered User New Member
edited August 2008 in Northeastern University
i dont know which Arts and Humanities course to choose, which ones have you liked?
Post edited by brolicks on

Replies to: Which Arts and Humanities class is the best?

• neuchimieneuchimie Posts: 1,562Registered User Senior Member
    lol I was in the same position as you. My advisor told me to pick one, since the only core classes I didn't exempt from are arts/humanities and comparative cultures. I ended up picking Into to Music. A friend of mine whose a music major at a different school looked at the description and swore to me that it didn't involve any actual player or analysis of music... I'm not sure if I believe her...
  • Emily2007Emily2007 Posts: 979Registered User Member
    I've been avoiding that core req... but Jazz is supposed to be amazing.

It's a 500-person class... but here's a little secret: Those are the good classes. The school only gives the huge classes to really good professors, they aren't going to let some idiot try to engage that many kids.
  • RedSox2007RedSox2007 Posts: 251Registered User Junior Member
    I heard the arabic culture class is pretty good. The professor is a good guy and it is a fairly easy class.
  • moonwave89moonwave89 Posts: 217Registered User Junior Member
    im hoping to take guitar for that requirement although im starting to rethink whether i want to spend $3,000 on guitar lessons (or however much it costs for 4 credits now)
  • jai6638jai6638 Posts: 1,025Registered User Member
    My friend took Into To Music and basically, it was a bs course. He almost never went to class unless he had tests or whatever. If i remember correctly, the professor used to give the questions that would come on the test beforehand. I took Middle Eastern Studies which I liked ( especially coz it was in West Village F :p) but then again, I am from the ME so i was interested in it and found it easy. I'd recommend it if you have an interest in the Middle East. The final exam was a take-home essay and the class was fun!

Cheers
  • neuchimieneuchimie Posts: 1,562Registered User Senior Member
    Yay for BS classes! :) I'm taking Organic Chem, so having one easy class this summester isn't a bad thing.