Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Northeastern University early action?

btw3006btw3006 Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Northeastern University
I really need some honest opinions on if I can get into Northeastern University because it is my #1 choice.

Academics:

I have a 3 year culmulative GPA of 2.96, but in junior year alone, I got a 3.4 or 3.5 GPA. Although, I'm not in any AP or honors classes

I got a 27 composite on the ACT

Extracurricular Activities:

By the end of senior year, I will have done 4 years of lacrosse, 4 years of wrestling and 3 years of football.

I have done the Midnight Run which is a community service organization and will have done it for 4 years at end of this school year.

I was a golf caddy at a country club in the summer before the school year started which I will say in my application
Post edited by btw3006 on

Replies to: Northeastern University early action?

• lje62lje62 Posts: 3,421Registered User Senior Member
    What school are you applying to ?
  • btw3006btw3006 Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
    the college of business administration
    I really hope to see in another 6 weeks or so that you will be here posting some exciting news about being accepted to Northeastern.
    My daughter ( who was in your shoes last yr ) has a roommate that is a business major there. She thinks it is a little more lenient acceptance than her major ( Bouve Health Science )
    Best of luck to you
  • bloomsm301bloomsm301 Posts: 109Registered User Junior Member
    how long does it take for NEU to give a decision for early action? i sent my stuff in 2weeks ago and they have recieved all of my information 3days ago
    you will get the decision for early action in mid to late december. Can someone please give me an opinion on whether it's a reach, target or likely for me
    I can't recall from last yr what the avg stats were for EA acceptance, but you could probably do a search here for the posts of accepted students to make a comparison. Back then, I was looking for stats for my daughter's major.
    im not going to lie, your scores are pretty low for NEU...with it being a highly ranked school and all there lowest gpa was a 3.0 for accepted students, there average is between a 3.4-4.0....make sure ur essay is AWSOME and that it is directed towards you fitting into northeastern...did you apply early action?
    yes, i applied early action to northeastern university
  • boston_man_2009boston_man_2009 Posts: 315Registered User Member
    there lowest gpa isnt a 3.0. I knew someone with a 2.8 thought got in!
    i'm sorry let me rephrase it....90% of their students aren't below a 3.0....but hey anythings possible/....especially with this economy crunch...good luck!
  • gummdropsgummdrops Posts: 107Registered User Junior Member
    i would say a definate reach. sorry. On the other hand ur improvement in ur junior year could really be helpful. very. so make sure you take legit classes ur senior year.
    and make sure u say somewhere on ur application (either in the essay or the place where u can provide any more additional information) that you have made a huge jump between soph and junior year and tell them if there was anything that was going on fresh and soph year that could have affected your grades
    i think that my counselor will talk about how i improved
    hey everybody, I got into Northeastern University
  • jnd3344jnd3344 Posts: 524Registered User Member
    when do you get an answer if you have been accepted in early action? does applying early action increases your chances if you have a 3.3 gpa and a 1550/2400 SAT being an international student from colombia with great extracurriculars